UW–Madison Logic Group Home Page
- Members of our group
- The Logic Seminar meets every Tuesday afternoon
at 4:00 p.m. (in spring 2021: every Monday at 3:30 p.m.)
Graduate Logic Seminar meets weekly Mondays at 4:00 p.m.
without fixed topic, but with each student/faculty choosing a
topic for his/her talk (preceded during the pandemic by a "virtual cookies"
social hour at 3:30 p.m.)
- The Midwest
Computability Seminar meets once or twice a semester, usually on a Tuesday
afternoon, on the University of Chicago campus.
- The Model Theory Day meets once a semester, usually on a
Tuesday afternoon, on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus.
- The Graduate Student Conference in Logic traditionally meets in late April,
is organized by graduate students, and rotates typically between the University
of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the
University of Notre Dame, and universities in Chicago.
Former UW students Asher Kach (Google-Chicago) and Turbo Ho (California
State University Northridge) have written up some
helpful instructions for future organizers.
- Oberwolfach 2021 Workshop in Computability Theory:
- UW logic theses since 1990 (many online)
- Logic Qualifying Exams